The document below is the text from the original Deed of Trust drawn up for the creation of TWOAT in 1982. It sets out the aims and purposes of the charity and these would be the basis for any contact we initiate with you.
In addition we can state that we keep any information we have about our supporters securely and will not divulge details to any third party without the specific consent of that supporter. We do not currently use any third party emailing service and we use blind CC to maintain confidentiality of email addresses.
If you have any data privacy concerns relating to TWOAT please raise them with Mike Fox on 01737 350452 or via firstname.lastname@example.org .
DECLARATION OF TRUST
TADWORTH AND WALTON OVERSEAS AID TRUST
Dated 19th October 1982
THIS DECLARATION OF TRUST is made the 19th day of October One thousand nine hundred and eighty two BETWEEN JOHN BRADBURY ALLINSON of 28 Shelvers Way Tadworth Surrey JEAN ANNE ELCOME of 39 Meadow Walk Walton-on-the-Hill Tadworth Surrey JOHN EDWARD BUCKOKE of 25 Shelvers Way Tadworth Surrey VALERIE MARGUERITE PRICKETT of 2 Gordon Road Caterham Surrey and SUSAN JOYCE MALINOWSKA of 17 Duffield Road Walton-on-the Hill Surrey (hereinafter called “the Trustees” which expression shall include the trustee or trustees for the time being hereof).
(1) The parties hereto or some of them recently opened a relief fund for the relief of poverty in the Third World as is further declared in the Schedule hereto and they have donated and collected from others various sums amounting in aggregate to Four hundred and eleven pounds ten pence (£411.10).
(2) It is intended to transfer the sum of Four hundred and eleven pounds ten pence (£411.10) to establish a fund for the relief of poverty to be called TADWORTH AND WALTON OVERSEAS AID TRUST (hereinafter called “the Charity”).
(3) The Trustees are the trustees of the Charity.
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSETH and IT IS HEREBY DECLARED as follows:-
- The objects of the Charity are for the relief of poverty in the Third World as are further declared in the Schedule hereto.
- The Trustees shall (save for any funds required for the immediate purposes of the Charity under clause 4. hereof) invest all moneys received whether by way of subscription donation bequest or otherwise including the said sum of Four hundred and eleven pounds ten pence (£411.10) (hereinafter called collectively “the Capital Fund”) in any investments authorised by law of the investment of trust funds with power to vary such investments for others of a like nature at their discretion.
- The Trustees may as and when they think fit make gifts or loans whether with or without interest out of the Capital Fund for or towards the objects of the Charity as are further declared in the said Schedule.
- The Trustees may retain and reimburse themselves out of the moneys received by the Trustees or the Capital Fund or the income thereof all proper costs charges and expenses of or incidental to the administration of the trusts hereof or in relation therto.
- The Trustees may as and when they think fit out of the income arising from the Capital Fund make gifts or loans whether with or without interest for or towards the objects of the Charity as are further declared in the said Schedule.
- The statutory power of appointment of new trustees shall apply hereto.
IN WITNESS whereof the parties hereto have hereunto set their hands and seals the day and year first written.
In furtherance of the objects of the Charity but not further or otherwise the Charity will have power:-
(a) By raising funds to relieve poverty in the Third World.
(b) To educate people within the area of Tadworth and Walton to the problems of the Third World by
means of film literature lectures and talks.
(c) To sponsor visits to the Third World countries to assist in the relief of poverty there.
(d) The objects shall be interdenominational and non-political providing the inhabitants within the
said area an opportunity to make a personal contribution in the struggle to overcome world poverty.
(e) In its endeavour to attain the object to provide an example for other communities in the other
richer nations of the world to persuade them to follow that example.
Signed sealed and delivered by the said JOHN BRADBURY ALLINSON
in the presence of:- (signed) Gabrielle Lambert
19 Breech Lane
Walton-on-the-Hill, Tadworth, Surrey
Wife and Mother
(Also signed and witnessed by all other Trustees)
To return to the Introduction to TWOAT page please go here.